Vyew is an online web conferencing and meeting tool with many free features in the basic plan. This is a browser based service, meaning anyone can use Vyew or attend an online meeting with an internet connection, and without having to download any software.
Sign up for a free Vyew account at www.vyew.com. Then log in to upload content for a meeting, start a meeting, or schedule a meeting.
Watch the video below to learn more about Vyew and how you can use it for online meetings and collaboration.
To schedule a meeting:
- Click on the Schedule a Meeting button on the left.
- Enter in the meeting information: date, time, duration.
- Choose the meeting title, pick New Vyewbook for a new meeting, or the Meeting Title if you have previous created the meeting.
- Choose to have the meeting open or closed.
If the meeting is open, then you choose “Open to anyone with the URL”. That allows anyone with the URL web address to access the meeting.
If the meeting is closed, you send out automated e-mail invitations to the participants with a link to the meeting.
- If necessary, put in more text in the box below, and click Next.
- For Meeting Navigation choose Sync or UnSync mode
Sync mode has everyone on the same page, looking at the same screen.
UnSync give participants freedom to look at what they want on their screen, they can jump ahead to a different page of a document.
- Enable or disable the conference call feature.
The conference call tool gives every participant the same phone number, and everyone is connected to the same call. Long distance fees do apply.
- Check the box to send invitation to participants.
- Click the Finish button.
Once you are in an online meeting, there are a number of tools to mark documents, upload media and communicate with other users. These hints highlight some of what there is available.
- Draw tool: located on the left hand side, to mark the document, draw, highlight, add notes, etc.
- Save the meeting: save the meeting by clicking the Book link on the top left, and then Save Vyewbook As.
- Uploading content: click on the Import file button next to the Edit link.
These are the acceptable file formats for uploading content into the meeting: .doc, .xls, .ppt, .jpg, .gif, .png, .swf, .mp3
You can also upload content from another URL by clicking the Advanced link, and then entering in the URL web address.
- Web cam: located in the upper right corner of the page. If the owner of the meeting has a camera on, you will be able to see them in that space. With the free plan, only one person can use a web cam at a time.
- User List: this is on the right hand side of the page and shows everyone who is currently in the meeting space.
- Conference call: on the right hand side of the page there is a Chat box. In the Chat box there is a link to the Conference call number (click on it to see the number and code).
- Chat: located on the bottom right hand side of the page, there is an instant messaging box. You can instant message with the entire room, where everyone sees your message, or else you can talk with one person by clicking on the Start Private Chat button.
For more information please contact:
Graphics and Web Services
E-mail: Holly Davis